Redding Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in an Auto Accident in Redding, CA?
The moment you are involved in a car accident, the stress, confusion, and uncertainty can be overwhelming. You may be unsure of what to do, where to turn, and how to move forward. At the Law Offices of Larry S. Buckley, our experienced Redding car accident attorneys are here to help you through this difficult time.
Our team is committed to providing you with the legal guidance and personal support you need to navigate your case and move toward the best possible outcome. We will fight for maximum compensation to help you recover from your injuries and get your life back on track.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
A car accident refers to an unintended collision or collision involving one or more vehicles. These accidents can range from minor fender-benders to more serious collisions that result in injuries, fatalities, and significant damage to vehicles and property. Car accidents can occur on roads, highways, intersections, parking lots, and other driving environments.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the leading causes of accidents. It includes activities like texting, talking on the phone, eating, adjusting the radio, or engaging with passengers while driving.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit or too fast for road conditions reduces the driver's ability to react in time, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Drunk Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs a driver's judgment, coordination, and reaction time.
- Reckless Driving: Aggressive behaviors like tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and not following traffic rules can lead to accidents.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, ice, fog, and other adverse weather conditions can reduce visibility and traction, making roads more hazardous.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven surfaces, lack of proper signage, and poorly designed intersections can contribute to accidents.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs: Ignoring traffic signals and signs can lead to collisions at intersections.
- Fatigue: Driving while tired or drowsy can impair a driver's ability to stay focused and react quickly to changes in traffic.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Inexperienced or young drivers may lack the skills to handle unexpected situations on the road.
- Mechanical Failures: Faulty brakes, tire blowouts, steering problems, and other mechanical issues can lead to loss of control and accidents.
- Improper Lane Changes: Failing to use turn signals, not checking blind spots, and improper merging can result in collisions.
- Tailgating: Following other vehicles too closely reduces reaction time and can lead to rear-end collisions.
- Inadequate Visibility: Poor visibility due to factors like fog, rain, or darkness can make it difficult for drivers to see hazards.
- Disturbances Outside the Vehicle: Rubbernecking, looking at accidents or incidents on the side of the road, can divert a driver's attention from the road ahead.
California Car Accident Laws
In California, you must report any car accident to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if the accident resulted in property damage exceeding $1,000 or if there were any injuries or fatalities. Additionally, you must exchange information with the other parties involved in the accident, including names, contact information, insurance details, and vehicle license plate numbers.
California is considered a "fault" state when it comes to car accidents. This means that the person responsible for causing the accident is generally liable for the resulting damages and injuries.
Keep in mind, California follows a pure comparative negligence rule. This means that even if you are partially at fault for the accident, you can still seek compensation for your damages. However, your compensation may be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you.
How Our Firm Can Help
After you are involved in an auto accident in Redding, you may be unsure of what to do next or where to turn. You may not know who is liable for your injuries or how to move forward with your claim. At the Law Offices of Larry S. Buckley, our auto accident attorneys are here to help you understand your rights and move forward with your claim. We are committed to helping you recover the compensation you deserve.
Our team is prepared to investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong case for maximum compensation. We will work to hold the liable party accountable for their wrongdoing and ensure you are able to move forward with your life.
We have handled almost every type of personal injury case and have recovered millions of dollars.
We understand that accidents can happen at any time and we're here for you day and night.
We are focused on providing our clients an exceptional customer service and legal experience.